Pages

Thursday 29 March 2018

I can see….



                                     Image result for Kevin Bickner top of mountain    


                                                    

I can see the snow below my skis. My jersey number is the number 4, it always stands out on my racing gear.  My head knows my next jump is important. Everyone can see my face and they know I'm pumped. The sweat on my coach's face is dripping onto his t-shirt. I know he's hoping I make my landing. I can smell the cold in the air as the heat blows through my nose. I can smell fear. My fear, and the fear of everyone in this competition. I can hear shouting for my name. I can hear my heart beating. It is getting faster and faster as the jump gets closer. I can hear my teammates shouting for me. It feels good. No it feels awesome to be here doing this, a sport I love. I can taste victory. It is my name on that gold medal.


Today we practised using our senses (see, hear, feel, touch and taste) to help us write a description of an image. We pretended to be the athlete in the image and wrote about what it might be like to be in the Pyeong Chang Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.